Thursday 7 August 2008

HMC 4.5, Exchange Resource Manager

I am working may way through deploying Hosted Messaging and Collaboration 4.5 (HMC 4.5). I have reached the point (with a lot of frustration and time consuming tweaks) of configuring Exchange 2007 SP1 Resource Management on the Microsoft Provisioning Engine server. Now if you follow the link here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc501402.aspx you would think this was a fairly straight forward task? Wrong...
So I changed the required values and entered my mailbox, my public folder mailbox and my Domain Controllers FQDN. When I ran the provtest command I received the following error;

errorContext description="Mail server not found"

After trying to troubleshoot this for quite some time it turns out that I made that mistake of using a FQDN. It seems that unless these values are NETBIOS names, the script will fail. Seems ridiculous to me. Hopefully this post might save someone else the time and frustation I spent on this daft issue.

No comments: